PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to final version of ubuntu 10.10 not possible, only rc is available

atahu
October 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I try to upgrade from ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10, but there is no final version available when I press Alt + F2, only the release candidate. What is the problem here and what can I do?

lupe
October 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Use the menu in System->Administration->Software Sources, Tab "Updates", under "Release upgrade" to select "Normal releases" rather than "Long term support releases only".

atahu
October 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I ve changed it, but there is still only the rc available, very strange. Or should I reboot my computer?

atahu
October 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Now it works when I press system - > updates from the menu, but it doesnt work with alt + f2. thank you for help

PattiMan
October 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I have the same problem. I've set Release to "Normal", but still I don't get an update notification. There are 4 updates available which I can't select or update. Maybe that's the problem?

illusioniz
October 15th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Try alt+f2, then run update-manager but without the -d option. It works for me :)

garvinrick4
October 15th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Some of the mirrors are behind by a week or more and some are up to date, some have larger band-width and their are over 300 mirrors to choose from. In Software sources you can change, maybe you are all using mirrors that are behind. Notice Download from in screenshot.
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors