PDA

View Full Version : Installation.iso not found?!

65Hyper
October 11th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I downloaded Ubuntu Netbook RC 10.10, mounted it and installed it via Wubi/Mount. Then it asked me to restart to continue the installation. After restarting I chose Ubuntu Netbook, then it said

"BusyBox v1.15.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.15.3-1ubuntu5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter “help“ for a list of built-in commands.

(iso check here)

Cannot find Installation.iso /ubuntu/install/installation.iso This happens when Windows does not shutdown correctly, drives not unmounted correctly. sdjfshbgjrsgrnfskj. Please run Windows normally, Run "chkdsk /r" then reboot back to installation" I did run the chkdsk /r but it said "Volume is locked. It is used by another process. Would you like to check it the next time Windows restarts?" I did typed Y after restarting, it took like 1 and a half hour so I cancelled it cause I don't have time. But when I only do "chkdsk" without the "/r" it ran normally. Any ideas how? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit not SP1. I used PowerISO to mount it. And also I tried booting it on a USB but it only said " SYSLINUX hajfshgkshgbksfnsjkcnj Peter jfk bfksnf" I forgot what it said, but it was something like that. Should I download the new Stable version of 10.10 or just install the RC and update it? Please REPLY!

Should I also run the Disk Defragmenter?

JTallis
March 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Same problem. Any fixes cause according to the files, installation.iso is actually there?