PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Error installing Ubuntu 10.10

wobert
October 11th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Hello,

Tried to install the new version of ubuntu on my laptop but did not work. The first time I tried with the dvd via rebooting the menu pop up , when choose to have automatic updates and software third parties after clicking forward it froze.
So I retried again rebooting and now it does not display the menu. Reads the disc, displays de ubuntu symbol/icon and then :

" BusyBox v1.15.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.15.3-1ubuntu5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter “help“ for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Input/output error
Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs "

I have no clue what should I do next, I will really appreciate your help on this

thanks

exigo
October 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Unbeleveable:

30 years of experience and I am stuck un "how to mount live (dead) cd" and grub2 errors to correct.

I won't give any detail because this are the errors that should be absolutely avoided on final releases. Every time I made an upgrade situation got worse and worse. numbers of unsolved problem afflicting last 3 installations (versions) never solved. Now I can't even start a live CD, stuff for elementary school.

Shame shame shame ! Very dissapointed !

P.S.

Don't make any techie questions and don't even reply because it is impossible to justify inability to mount a CD....

intel core 2 duo, 4 Gb RAM, 1Tb hd sata END

Melcar
October 12th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Same problem here. Had to use an USB stick.

Chief_runningwater
October 12th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I am also having this problem, even tried to install through usb and I get same error.

I did some research and found out a solution I think i'm in the process of testing myself but the download should be about 698mb. Check if the iso you downloaded is the same size if it isn't then it's going to give you that error because I found out that mine was only 400mb for some reason?

refrence from this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1556602)

Works perfectly for some reason when it downloads it doesn't finish but says it's finished so when you try to install it not all of the system files are there.

wobert
October 14th, 2010, 03:01 AM
It worked for me via usb.

The bad stuff is I do not have network....:(