PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 10.10 installation stuck

Snagglewhen
October 10th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 form the live CD. I booted to the CD and ran the install and about 80% of the way through the installer says "Ready When You Are" and won't move. I let it sit for a couple of hours and nothing happened. I can not click the forward button either.

DJ_TYR
October 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Xavier & I have had the same issue.

Xavier was able to fix his due to spaces in the name. He backspaced & re-entered & it worked for him.

However, I've had no such luck & I'm currently still stuck at the same place as you.

Not sure if you have spaces or special characters, but if you do you may want to try to remove the spaces & special characters. Hope it works if not hopefully an answer will present itself.

Snagglewhen
October 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM
There are no strange characters present anywhere. Just for note on anybody looking for a solution, I have a Dell Precision M4500.

falciron
October 10th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Try seeing if making your username lowercase works. I'm not positive that'll be the solution, but falciron was accepted while Falciron was not.

KiLaHuRtZ
October 10th, 2010, 11:32 PM
User names should ALWAYS be lower case. They can contain only letters and numbers, and MUST start with a letter versus a number.

DJ_TYR
October 10th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks Falciron, that worked.

I could have sworn I tried that but I guess I didn't. Thanks for the assist.

Hope this helps you as well Snagglewhen.

Snagglewhen
October 11th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Yep, fixed it. They should put that as a notification.

highFlybg
October 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM
It works and for me xD thx a lot !!!:KS

mörgæs
October 30th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Good. Snagglewhen, please mark the thread 'solved'.