PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] delete shared folder

hudo
October 10th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hello,

where and how can I "delete" shared folder in lucid ?

In System-Administration->Shared Folder is non of my shared folder, so I cant delete them...

I can see those shared folders with "Places->Network" but I cant find out the path to the folders, nor can I delete them.

Morbius1
October 10th, 2010, 07:42 PM
In System-Administration->Shared Folder is non of my shared folder, so I cant delete them...There is to my knowledge no such path as System-Administration-Shared Folder.

There is a System-Administration-Samba however. Is it possible that you created your shares using Nautilus? If so your share definitions are not in smb.conf and will not show up in System-Administration-Samba.

Run the following command and see if it lists your "missing" shares:

net usershare info

KjellKod
November 19th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hi,

I've the same problem. When I used "connect to server" -> "service type: Windows Share" I managed to get a typo and because I bookmarked it I cannot make it to go away.

I.e. the "non-existing" share is always under "Places -> \\MyFailedShare" and I cannot remove it (nor use it of course)

KjellKod
November 19th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Eeeh. Too long time to remove it made me overlook the obvious.

I "bookmarked" it with "Places -> Connect to server",. but this is really just Nautilus so to remove it you start nautilus
Bookmarks -> Edit Bookmarks ->... just remove it and *voila*

.... :redface: