PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready are you ?

MooPi
October 10th, 2010, 02:32 PM
We will getting the normal avalanche of It won't install, load, blank screen, where's my sound, terrible resolution, WiFi doesn't connect, with 10.10 posts. Are you READY to RUMBLE ? I'm hoping that the trend of fewer and fewer ( It Won't ) posts is starting and new releases are humm drumm it's out.

Bölvağur
October 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
yes well... as the bugs get fewer and fewer we get more new people in to keep the balance :lolflag:

Austin25
October 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
yes well... as the bugs get fewer and fewer we get more new people in to keep the balance :lolflag:
However, there may be more new users than bugs fixed.

Frogs Hair
October 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I just got up and attempted a download which hit a blazing 80kb per second , at that speed I won't complaining for some time . I may just play with a Peppermint disk for a couple of days. As for Ubuntu I had I had a driver issue with 9.10 and none of the problems many report .

MooPi
October 10th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I just got up and attempted a download which hit a blazing 80kb per second , at that speed I won't complaining for some time . I may just play with a Peppermint disk for a couple of days. As for Ubuntu I had a video driver issue when I first installed 9.10 and none of the problems many report .

Try the torrent, Mine completed in less that 30 minutes and now I'm seeding.

Legendary_Bibo
October 10th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I think I'll respond to every post asking for help with "works for me". :lolflag:

Should be fun.

Frogs Hair
October 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Try the torrent, Mine completed in less that 30 minutes and now I'm seeding.
Thanks ! I will give it a try.

MisterGaribaldi
October 10th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I'm averaging 774KB here right now on a straight download.

At that rate, I should be able to complain in just a few minutes! :P

Actually, seriously, it'll be a while yet before I can do any installation work as I'm doing a bunch of college work over the weekend and into this week, so perhaps by the end of the week I'll get to it.

I *am* looking forward to an 8.5 sec. boot time, though!

NightwishFan
October 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I think I'll respond to every post asking for help with "works for me". :lolflag:

Should be fun.

Does here (except pulseaudio, but that is easily fixable) :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
October 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM
We will getting the normal avalanche of It won't install, load, blank screen, where's my sound, terrible resolution, WiFi doesn't connect, with 10.10 posts. Are you READY to RUMBLE ? I'm hoping that the trend of fewer and fewer ( It Won't ) posts is starting and new releases are humm drumm it's out.

It looks like the storm of problems with 10.10 has started from looking at the Absolute Beginner Talk, General Help, and Installation & Upgrades forums. The new installer appears to confuse people. GMT = 10:48 PM.

Tibuda
October 10th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Does here (except pulseaudio, but that is easily fixable) :)

Pulse works for me. :lolflag:

NightwishFan
October 11th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Pulse works for me. :lolflag:

*Imprisons you on top of Orthanc.* :)

scouser73
October 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
After replying to threads about will I or won't I be upgrading to 10.10 as I'd planned on staying with the LTS, I got home and immediately downloaded the iso. I was looking for info on any problems that might have occurred. Just like 10.04 it installed seamlessly and without any problems whatsoever, I've notice that all of my external drives auto-mount that much quicker too.

Ubuntu just keeps getting better, slicker and it's a pleasure to use it, well done to all those that contributed in making this release.

I am ready, are you? :)

nlsthzn
October 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Also saw the host of people struggling with the new installer so fired up 10.10 in VirtualBox and it doesn't seem that difficult... Then again I don't have 7 drives and 23 partitions to worry about but still...

julio_cortez
October 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Could I also respond every post with RTFM?

What were you thinking about? It means Remember To Feed the Meerkat!!

ubunterooster
October 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Already going out to help even though now I do not have any of my references having left them in my old house.

@julio; :lol:

MooPi
October 11th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Looks like there are plenty of folks needing help. Lots of 10.10 is crashing, stopped updating, killed my computer posts. I've attempted to help a couple this morning and will try to help later this evening. I even installed 10.10 to get a feeling for the new system and I like the changes. Skype, recordmydesktop, mplayer, ffmpeg, dropbox, all are working without many hang ups. My microphone was picked up easy enough, which in past releases took a little tweaking. I'm still going to hold off upgrading my openbox system. It just works to well right now.

ubunterooster
October 11th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I have to be acquainted with 10.10 to better help. If you want stability I saw stay with 10.04 for as long as it lasts.