PDA

View Full Version : Before I click "send" ....

Swagman
October 9th, 2010, 08:32 PM
does anyone think I am wrong in my reply ?

THIS ( http://www.upload3r.com/serve/091010/1286652297.jpeg)
is a screengrab of the problem and my reply and THIS (http://www.upload3r.com/serve/091010/1286652403.jpeg) is the offending screengrab which was posted in reply to THIS (http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/why-cant-BT-Get-it-right/td-p/54985)

(I'm Outcast_Aussie)

ps.. expecting to get banned from that forum.!!

tgm4883
October 9th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm offended by it. You shouldn't have 130 items in your inbox. Set up some sub-folders

sudoer541
October 9th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I am guessing the background image was copyrighted?
:confused:

Ohh plus, your inbox... maybe this triggered the mod, thinking you would expose personal information.

Swagman
October 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I am guessing the background image was copyrighted?
:confused:

Ohh plus, your inbox... maybe this triggered the mod, thinking you would expose personal information.

Yeah I'm confused too. The wallpaper is in the public domain anyway and I fail to see how any personal info from my mailbox can be seen ?

CharlesA
October 9th, 2010, 09:25 PM
You are being a bit snippy. Even if you disagree with the mods/admins, they have the last word.

But yeah, I don't see why it would be removed.

It would probably be better to just ask why it was removed specifically and not jump to conclusions.

Swagman
October 9th, 2010, 09:31 PM
You are being a bit snippy. Even if you disagree with the mods/admins, they have the last word.

But yeah, I don't see why it would be removed.

It would probably be better to just ask why it was removed specifically and not jump to conclusions.

Yes I agree. I have edited it removing the Mark Shuttleworth bit and also asked what the particular reason for the moderation was as I do not wish to fall foul of it again.

Sent.. so... Lets see if I get an answer or ..banned !

nothingspecial
October 9th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Personally I think you went a little overboard. Though I don`t blame you :)

It reminds me of a conversation my wife had with BT.

She doesn`t swear

I can`t remember what the problem was but I know she kept on getting passed from department to department on the phone.

Then she was continuously asked to phone this or that number instead.

My wife has a lot of patience (she is married to me).

I remember being upstairs with (at that time) small children and hearing.

What do you mean you can`t put me through?

You're curse bt

You invented the curse telephone!

She got put through

Legendary_Bibo
October 10th, 2010, 12:07 AM
off topic, but what's your firefox persona?

ubunterooster
October 10th, 2010, 12:23 AM
It's no use arguing with trees; try long enough and the trees will respond by falling on you and crushing you; juist like these annoying idiots ( that is what they appear to be)

Tibuda
October 10th, 2010, 01:13 AM
prepare yourself for the banhammer!

cammin
October 10th, 2010, 05:40 AM
The mod was right to delete the pic, it was huge, and pushing the thread off topic.

It would have been nice of them to say that, instead of some standardized warning.

Swagman
October 10th, 2010, 09:48 AM
The mod was right to delete the pic, it was huge, and pushing the thread off topic.

It would have been nice of them to say that, instead of some standardized warning.

But the pic was not embedded and it was in reply to Hamish's reference to Windows XP's click start to shutdown.

My reply was "some of us don't" with my pic linked off my reply.

Ended with "logical button is Logical"

Legendary_Bibo
October 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
But the pic was not embedded and it was in reply to Hamish's reference to Windows XP's click start to shutdown.

My reply was "some of us don't" with my pic linked off my reply.

Ended with "logical button is Logical"

To me it sounded pompous, and unneeded for the subject of the thread.

Swagman
October 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Sorted ( http://www.upload3r.com/serve/111010/1286810331.jpeg) <-- Plus my reply

Just a misunderstanding.

ubunterooster
October 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
LOL, alls well that ends well