PDA

View Full Version : Proplem with Make anjuta-2.32.0.0

Black Spider
October 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi

basically i have downloaded anjuta v2.32.0.0 from it's website and I have read installation guide it Say's cd to anjuta folder then write make.

i did that but i always got error make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

can any one help ?

thaks

spjackson
October 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
basically i have downloaded anjuta v2.32.0.0 from it's website and I have read installation guide it Say's cd to anjuta folder then write make.

i did that but i always got error make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

can any one help ?

Is there a reason why you are not installing the binary package from the repositories?

That message from make tells you that there is no makefile. Running ./configure is the step that is needed to create the makefile; both the INSTALL and README text files tell you to run ./configure. Did you do this? The fact that you have no makefile indicates that either you didn't run ./configure or that ./configure failed.

If ./configure has failed, it will tell you why it failed. If it isn't clear to you, then please post the output of ./configure.