PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have started (possibly abandoned) a Linux or Ubuntu oriented blog?

aleska
October 9th, 2010, 05:11 AM
If you are like me, over the years you have started a blog or two or ten, only to abandon them later as your passion fizzles - or more likely as you become far too busy to maintain it effectively.

I'm curious, who here has, or had, a linux or ubuntu oriented blog? I'd love to check them out!

I've started tinkering with one again, this time with an eye toward sharing ideas, suggestions and examples of using linux at home. The objective is not to bash any other OS. Nor is it to make converts. Rather, the goal is to create (or link to) helpful content that showcases interesting, innovative, or simply practical ways to use Linux to enhance ones home computing experience.

What I would love to find is a group of folks from here, that would be interested in participating in this...being regular contributors. I believe that a group blog of this nature would have lots of benefits. For me, it would help keep me jazzed about it - always interested in what's new. For the blog itself, it would help to ensure that it stays fresh with new and frequent content.

If this is something that you would be interested in, and you feel you could contribute to a blog with this specific focus, let me know. I'd love to see a sample of your writing style - maybe a link to a blog you've kept (whatever subject) just to get an idea of how it would meld with others participating.

As for my writing style, I'm not suggesting that I'm something that special. But if you'd like to see the nascent posts, you can find them here (http://linux4home.wordpress.com/).

Thanks! Aleska (Alex)

Dustin2128
October 9th, 2010, 05:20 AM
mine, in my sig. Not abandoned but I haven't posted in a few days.

23dornot23d
October 9th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Mine is in My sig too ..... and I keep updating it .... more a help file and place for me to sort things out in ..... usually triggered by things that happen here on Ubuntu Forums ...

I like the idea though .... and I have a few older abandoned ones from other Distros ...
that are now a little out of the frame .... Kanotix and Elive ......

lisati
October 9th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Mine (http://lisati.homelinux.com/blog/)'s more of a "bits and pieces" kind of rant whenever I have the inclination: some of it is Ubuntu related, but most isn't.

t0p
October 9th, 2010, 10:03 AM
My blog (http://ihatehate.wordpress.com) has some stuff about Ubuntu/Linux - take a look at the links in my sig - but I also write about a great many other things: news, politics, amusing stuff I find on the internet... many, many things.

aleska
October 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Nice stuff guys!
You may be too busy keeping up your existing blogs to be interested in participating in another one of this nature. But, if you are interested, let me know. It might make sense to get those interested together "offline" (IRC or something) to discuss how this might work, and any rules of engagement, etc.
So, if it is something you are interested in, send me a personal message.
Thanks!
aleska (Alex)

Nepherte
October 9th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I still post on my blog (http://www.nepherte.be) occasionaly, including today yay. I find myself posting in bursts. Some months I publish frequently, other months not so much :p

donkyhotay
October 9th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Nope, no ubuntu blog here!

XubuRoxMySox
October 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I used to have a blog but I didn't separate my Linux rants from all my rants about other things (dance rants, school rants, political rants, and even religious rants). I did categorize them so people who were only interested in one category didn't have to wade through all the other "irrelevant" stuff... but I find that most people don't bother to search by category. And lotsa people posted snarky comments about "I don't want to find this kind of garbage on a Linux blog" (which it never claimed to be a "Linux blog" anyway), and they didn't like the fonts and colors I used, and whatever like that. Moderating comments became a full-time job (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration), lol. I got ticked off one day and just killed the whole blog. If I ever start blogging again, I'll make separate blogs! One for my Linux rants, one for dance rants, one for school, one for political and religious rants, etc. Since people can't be bothered with the category search.

-Robin

fatality_uk
October 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
No blog
No social network
No microblogging feeds

No friends :) Just the way I like it

jjakspaw6
October 10th, 2010, 01:39 PM
not here... I never had a blog... Don't usually have anything to say. Blogs I have seen in th past are mostly people that just want to complain about one thing or another.
its a cool idea though and one I would might be able to help out with.

James7
October 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I started one mostly to share how I got money back from Amazon when I refused the Windows license on a laptop I bought. Then I thought I'd keep it up. But I haven't. Maybe I'll have another go!