PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install 10.04 with "look" from 9.01/previous release

qQChtIhpk1
October 9th, 2010, 03:30 AM
i believe there was a ? and answer on how to modify U 10.04 so it will boot up with screens that look like it did on 9.01 or some other previous release. Looked through 175 posts on 10.04 install, but couldn't find it.

Does anyone remember or know how to do this? The earlier release looked much better to me.

Thank You, whoever You are, for the help.

Chazbo

mörgæs
October 9th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Right-clicking on the desktop and selecting a traditional theme will give a look and feel close to 9.10.

qQChtIhpk1
October 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM
i guess there was a lack of clarity in my ?. The "look" from 9.01/previous release i am looking for is During the Bootup, not afterwards.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Chazbo

jon.reeve
March 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Old post, I know, so you may have already solved this issue (or not?) but still, thought I'd contribute.
Unless I'm mistaken, I think the bootup technologies for 10.04 changed dramatically from previous incarnations--plymouth instead of usplash, something having to do with xsplash, so I don't think it's possible to get the old theme back unless you want to try porting the old usplash theme to plymouth.

That having been said, there are a ton of great plymouth themes that you can customize your box with. Check out http://www.webupd8.org/2011/01/earth-sunrise-is-gorgeous-plymouth.html