PDA

View Full Version : Account help

cela0711
October 9th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where to post this. Anyway, when I registered on Ubuntu Forums I typed my username incorrectly. I meant to say cela0811, which is the username I use on almost every other website.

Is there any way an administrator or moderator could delete this account so I can re-register?

Thanks.

cela0811

Dayofswords
October 9th, 2010, 01:11 AM
You've made one post (the one in this thread), simply create a new account, easy

holiday
October 9th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where to post this. Anyway, when I registered on Ubuntu Forums I typed my username incorrectly. I meant to say cela0811, which is the username I use on almost every other website.

Is there any way an administrator or moderator could delete this account so I can re-register?

Thanks.

cela0811

Can you create a new account with your real username? There may be an email check that won't let you, but you could then create a google account for it and have google forward your email from that account to your real account.

A kluge, I know, but it might work.

cela0711
October 9th, 2010, 01:13 AM
I thought of those. I guess I'll just do that. I wanted to use my normal email, but oh well. Thanks.

Quackers
October 9th, 2010, 01:15 AM
You can try putting the same post in the following forum (Resolution Centre), that seems to be where name changes are done :-)
And welcome to UbuntuForums!
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=123

Dayofswords
October 9th, 2010, 01:16 AM
you can change you email address at anytime after you've created your account

cela0811
October 9th, 2010, 01:31 AM
I just created a new account. Thanks for the help though!

Iowan
October 9th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Looks like the problem has been remedied, but I'll move the thread to the RC for any final details... like disabling the original account.

bodhi.zazen
October 11th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I just created a new account. Thanks for the help though!

disabled