PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] autoinstall or autostart vnc

OverDark
October 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hi there, I'm new around here, since this is my last place where I could get help.

I have gotten some PC hardware around the house and built myself a 1gb ddr2/160gb/dual core 2.0 "combo" which I would like to have just for linux (I have several wifi adapters and I'm thinking on hosting some stuff for testing, wifi hacking, apache & php research,etc)

The problem is that I don't have a graphics card & monitor,cd-rom, keyboard nor mouse, so I can't interact with the installer or with the desktop intself after loading from usb the live cd of ubuntu.

I would like to modify the livecd so after popping it in, it would boot up ubuntu, and after that it should check that option in "Remote Desktop" to allow anyone to connect without a password (I will change that after I install the system on the HDD). The problem is that the help I've found is far too complex for me and I don't know all that kind of stuff.

Is there any ubuntu app that allows me to modify or backup a ubuntu that I have installed on the current drive, then create an ISO from it which would have the same settings as the original? (I have an ubuntu virtualbox installed, where the remote desktop is active on startup, so I would like to backup the whole system with its settings and run it on the other PC)

If you could help me with such an application I would be glad.

I've got some documentation and I found out remastersys but I think it hasn't saved my settings (I used the backup option) because when I boot the ISO in virtualbox it looks just like the original LiveCD. Also, I've found something about the "Startup Disk" but I haven't understood what that should do.

Any help?:confused:

OverDark
October 8th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I managed to create what I need using Startup Disk, however when it boots from the USB Flash it shows that screen with "Install" and "Try It". Is there a file that I could edit, so it would go in "Try It" mode automatically?