PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] brasero problem

gpdas
October 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I installed Ubuntu 10.04 three months back. The Brasero was working fine. But now when I want to 'Disk Copy' it is showing error '/usr/bin/toc2cue' is needed. Any help will be highly appreciated.

P4man
October 8th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Make sure you enabled multiverse repository in software sources, then install cdrdao in synaptic (or apt-get install cdrdao)

gpdas
October 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Can you pl tell how to add 'Multiverse Repository' !!!
Thanks in advance.

P4man
October 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Open the ubuntu software center, edit, software sources, on the first tab, enable "software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse)".

gpdas
October 9th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I checked that. It was already enabled. So I gave the command 'sudo apt-get install cdrdao' It is installed. Now when I start using 'Copy Disc' it shows the error 'Install cdrdao manually'. That I have already done. The error log file is created. I copied it and pasting here.

Checking session consistency (brasero_burn_check_session_consistency brasero-burn.c:1741)
Unsupported type of task operation
Session error : An internal error occurred (brasero_burn_record brasero-burn.c:2839)

P4man
October 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hmm odd. FWIW, it works here, and if I go in to Brasero > Edit > plugins > cdrdao it is greyed out, but checked. Kinda hard to see, but its enabled and I can configure it. Can you?

Anyway try purging and reinstalling brasero:

sudo apt-get purge brasero
sudo apt-get install brasero

gpdas
October 11th, 2010, 07:37 AM
No, It did not work.

GingerAlex
October 12th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I have had a similar problem (using Lucid Lynx), it said install crddao manually when I tried to copy an audio CD.

I can confirm cdrdao is installed properly and working, because I went to the command line and ran it.. after a bit of reading the instructions I just put my CD in and ran

cdrdao copy

and it copied the (audio) CD with a little prompt 1/2 way through to enter a blank disc and generally did a smashing job.

But it would be nice for those of us who are W.I.M.P.S at heart if Brasero did what it said on the tin..

gpdas
October 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM
[SOLVED] Actually it was taking a format .toc automatically. I have not noticed that. When I clicked 'Properties' and selected ISO, then everything was OK. Now I am happy with Brasero.