PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Replace Evolution by Thunderbird

dakkar9999
October 8th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I'm sure this is of a blinding simplicity, but I can't seem to find the right option.

I want to migrate back from Evolution to Thunderbird. Installation done, no problem. But, I can't seem to be able to prevent Evolution from loading an opening (and downloading all my e-mails) at startup.

How do I prevent Evolution from taking over? Should I just remove it from the system? Is it too tightly integrated with Gnome?

Thanks!

grumph
October 8th, 2010, 07:31 AM
hey,
I'm not sure what you mean but check
system -->Preference --> preferred application (check if mailreader= thunderbird)
or
system -->Preference -->startup applications preferrences--> (uncheck evolution stuff)
greets
grumph

dakkar9999
October 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Yup, already done. Still not solved...

bouncingwilf
October 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Er, I had the same problem but decided to have a go at removing evolution but BIG mistake - far too tightly integrated with Gnome. Major hassles were encountered before I managed to recover the system.

Bouncingwilf

hrickh
October 9th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Yup, already done. Still not solved...
In addition to removing Evolution from your startup applications, did you also remove Evolution alarms?

I don't have either checked and Evolution doesn't autostart on my machine (although I still use it).

R.
==

dakkar9999
October 10th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Yup I had. But now both Evolution and the Alarm clock do not show in Start Application menu...