PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trendnet TEW-424UB Can't Connect, Already Used NDISWrapper

Twitch04
October 8th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Hey everyone.

What I'm trying to do is connect to my Motorola Droid phone using a Trendnet TEW-424UB wireless adapter, which I had done research on and appeared to have been successfully used in Ubuntu.

So I did a tad more research, learned about the program ndiswrapper which is used to make the Windows drivers usable in Ubuntu. I got that, I used the GUI [ndisgtk] to install the driver from the CD, everything seemed great. So after I close the ndisgtk window it automatically tries to connect to the network AndroidTether [I already had the network up on my phone]. The icon flashes for roughly 20 seconds [with each individual wave lighting up, it looked like it was in a "trying to connect" type thing], but then it disconnects.

I'm using a different app right now to tether it with a USB cable, but it can't connect to https servers, and wireless was a lot more convenient, so for right now I'm using the wired tether.

This method works in Windows XP, I just can't seem to replicate the results in Ubuntu.

I've searched around Google and saw there have been multiple threads here about this very hardware, but none of the problems seem to be my problem, and nothing works. Sorry if I didn't post enough information, I'll be glad to post more if asked. I'm a bit of a Linux newb, but trying to get into the whole thing. lol.

Any chance I could get some help?

Thank you all in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found a Realtek driver for it in another topic that I didn't think worked, but I think it had a kernel component in it because now that I've rebooted it detected and stayed connected right away.

Well. Thanks anyway. XD.