PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnucash will not start. Missing file

JimGvo
October 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I get the following:

ERROR: No such file or directory: "/usr/share/guile/1.6/slib/init/slib/require.scm"

The file does not exist. I have removed gnucash and guile-1.6 entirely along with a bunch of other stuff that depended on guile. Then I reinstalled gnucash. Didn't help.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.

It used to work. I don't know what has changed.

Thanks,
Jim.

RHTopics
October 7th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I am running Ubuntu 10.04 with Gnucash installed.

Gnucash starts up for me. You are right about file "/usr/share/guile/1.6/slib/init/slib/require.scm", it does not exist.

Found this older message posting concerning Gnucash that may apply to your situation:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445495

I guess the take away from it for you, try removing or reinstalling guile-1.8, and see if that fixes the problem.

JimGvo
October 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I am running Ubuntu 10.04 with Gnucash installed.

Gnucash starts up for me. You are right about file "/usr/share/guile/1.6/slib/init/slib/require.scm", it does not exist.

Found this older message posting concerning Gnucash that may apply to your situation:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445495

I guess the take away from it for you, try removing or reinstalling guile-1.8, and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks, it was already gone:

rc guile-1.8 1.8.7+1-3ubuntu1 The GNU extension language and Scheme interpreter
rc guile-1.8-libs 1.8.7+1-3ubuntu1 Main Guile libraries

But installing it didn't help

gnucash
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

ERROR: In procedure open-file:
ERROR: No such file or directory: "/usr/share/guile/1.6/slib/init/slib/require.scm"

Jim.

Turtle.net
March 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
It seems that the problem is solved by installing guile-1.6-dev.
For a problem of deopendencies, apt suggested to remove libreadline5-dev. THat's what I have done, and now Gnucash is working again :)