PDA

View Full Version : The Best remark I have heard

coffee412
October 7th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I finished fixing some problems with a customers computer via ssh from a distance and got things working for him. He is a beginner at linux and needed a little help getting started. Well, He just gave the best discription of the difference between windows and linux that Ive ever heard.

"With Windows I tolerated my computer. With Linux I actually enjoy it!"

Thanks to everyone that has helped make linux the best operating system out there!

=D>

NightwishFan
October 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I feel that way I suppose. Open source became a bit of a hobby for me and computers stopped being a hassle.

lidex
October 7th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I feel that way I suppose. Open source became a bit of a hobby for me and computers stopped being a hassle.

Amen.

Dustin2128
October 7th, 2010, 05:17 AM
"With Windows I tolerated my computer. With Linux I actually enjoy it!"
That was me 2 weeks after I setup an ubuntu dual boot.

NightwishFan
October 7th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Offtopic, Dustin I like your location. "Morrowind". Where exactly? I currently am in the northern part of Azura's Coast. :)

ticopelp
October 7th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Sums up my feelings neatly as well.

Dustin2128
October 7th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Offtopic, Dustin I like your location. "Morrowind". Where exactly? I currently am in the northern part of Azura's Coast. :)
Currently near Ald'ruhn.

smellyman
October 7th, 2010, 10:20 AM
after 15 years of supporting Windows in IT, it has been truly refreshing for me to really start getting into Linux.

I had become so disgruntled/bitter/jaded/burnt out from Windows I forgot that I actually really do enjoy computers.....all thanks to Linux.

nlsthzn
October 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
:KS Good quote!