PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help - Compiz Fusion + Ubuntu 10.04 + Terminal

OGalekos
October 7th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here but I'd like to get straight to my question here...

I just installed Ubuntu 10.04 over Windows 7 with Dual Boot just last night.

I tried to be careful but then I went too fast on myself after installing Compiz Fusion.

SO..... >_<

My compiz is completely messed up and my gfx card is like seriously new, like 3 weeks new.

I have the ATI Radeon Series HD 5830 1 GB GDDRS

I can't run ./compiz-check at all for help because It shows an error stating "More than one graphics chip detected -- sorry, the script cannot handle that. Aborting."

Can anyone help me start fresh with Compiz Fusion, I am trying my best to help myself alot but I am burning up like fire trying to work thru the weird gfx card I have.

I'd like to reinstall Comp Fusion but I dont know how and I think everything is seriously messed up, Help.

MSN: acz@live.com, alekos@usa.com

OGalekos
October 7th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Ubuntu has really slow problems with my new pc, It's a brand new fukn pc and I can't even make it fast with the bugged compiz fusion application here, can anyone tell me for starters how to uninstall or remove that program compiz fusion?

Dustin2128
October 7th, 2010, 05:20 AM
well if you haven't installed them yet, I'd say lack of ATI drivers are to blame. If you have installed them, I'd say ATI drivers are to blame. They don't have the greatest track record, but they've gotten better recently and should be workable with a bit of tweaking, sandyd would probably be able to tell you more than me (nVidia fan here). Anyway, you should be able to turn off compiz fusion simply by going to system>preferences>appearence>Visual Effects, then swapping from extra to none or normal.

By the way, what do you mean when you say "install compiz fusion"? It comes preinstalled with ubuntu if I recall correctly.

OGalekos
October 8th, 2010, 02:03 AM
well if you haven't installed them yet, I'd say lack of ATI drivers are to blame. If you have installed them, I'd say ATI drivers are to blame. They don't have the greatest track record, but they've gotten better recently and should be workable with a bit of tweaking, sandyd would probably be able to tell you more than me (nVidia fan here). Anyway, you should be able to turn off compiz fusion simply by going to system>preferences>appearence>Visual Effects, then swapping from extra to none or normal.

By the way, what do you mean when you say "install compiz fusion"? It comes preinstalled with ubuntu if I recall correctly.

The reason I saw the problem was as I saw on Google was like so many queries for "Compiz Fusion" and as I had to narrow it down to Ubuntu 10.04 search on Google, I came up with one of my own fixes on ATI Radeon HD 5830 Gfx Card because since I have a custom made built desktop.

I'm still learning to cope with Ubuntu + Windows 7 on Dual Boot, I have no problems with my graphics card anymore since I came up with my own fix, anyhow...

I'd like to just close this thread please.:lolflag:

Dustin2128
October 8th, 2010, 03:55 AM
The reason I saw the problem was as I saw on Google was like so many queries for "Compiz Fusion" and as I had to narrow it down to Ubuntu 10.04 search on Google, I came up with one of my own fixes on ATI Radeon HD 5830 Gfx Card because since I have a custom made built desktop.

I'm still learning to cope with Ubuntu + Windows 7 on Dual Boot, I have no problems with my graphics card anymore since I came up with my own fix, anyhow...

I'd like to just close this thread please.:lolflag:
hit thread tools, then mark it as solved