PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 Server (64 bit) installer won't detect disk

tborg
October 6th, 2010, 02:21 AM
I have a Dell Poweredge 2970 2x3.0 GHz AMD 64bit dual core, Perc 5/i controller, and 2 brand new Fujitso SAS 15K 146GB drives.

Trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 Server 64 bit from USB. At the point of detecting disks, the installer only recognizes the USB. The installation was created using Pendriveinstaller ver1.8.0.1 per Ubuntu Server web site instructions. I have the drives configured as 2 separate raid 0 arrays using the bios raid configurator. The drives have been initialized. (Tried before with a single Raid 1 array, but had same issue and since have read Ubuntu support for hardware raid is not great, so was going to bypass hardware raid for now).

I've seen some chatter on here about opening a terminal at this point and removing dmraid but don't see an option for terminal only shell.

Not sure what to try next - I'm a newbie - I'll keep digging but in the meantime maybe someone has a direction to point me.

Thanks.

MozaicIris
October 6th, 2010, 02:32 AM
'terminal' and 'shell' are pretty much the same thing. I would be careful about removing dmraid though.