PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Panel Text colours?

Sean Moran
October 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Please excuse me for not searching the forum yet, for I have looked through the distro Help and not found a solution to such a simple problem.

How can I change the text colour on the panel from black to white?

I am using Karmic 9.10 with clearlooks and crux window borders.

I have changed the panel background to the Thai flag, but it is blue where the text lies, and white text is easier to read than black on a blue background.

---o0o---

I realise that this an uncanny dilemma, and don't expect any answers in a hurry, so goodnight, and thanks to anyone here who might understand what I am asking about, let alone anyome who might have some solution. Goodnight my IT fellows.

hhh
October 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
An easy way to do this is by installing gnome-color-chooser via Synaptic. Then go to System>Preferences>GNOME Color Chooser>Panel and change the Normal foreground color.

HTH

Sean Moran
October 6th, 2010, 04:16 AM
An easy way to do this is by installing gnome-color-chooser via Synaptic. Then go to System>Preferences>GNOME Color Chooser>Panel and change the Normal foreground color.

HTH

Thank you for providing the perfect solution, HHH. All fixed in around ten minutes. Now I can spend the rest of the week mucking around with all the other colours.
:popcorn:

hhh
October 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
No problem. It's little hhh, no affiliation with the wrestler. :^)