PDA

View Full Version : Lpic

Sandsound
October 4th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I have decided to take the LPIC-1, LPIC-2 and UCP, and being unemployed, I have to keep the budget down, therefore I have chosen to do this as a "self-study". I have found tons of material on the web, but have trouble finding up-to-date info on several things.

Many of the self-study-guides mention modem-configuration and other antiquated hardware like floppy disks, is this still relevant?

I been using Ubuntu as my main OS for some years now, but have often heard that Ubuntu does things different than other distros, and since the LPIC is (mostly) distro-independent, is there anything I need to be aware of?
Before discovering Ubuntu, I used RedHat, Mandrake and other distros for webserver, so I have some basic knowledge of these and are in the process of installing Fedora, just to play around with things like rpm and yum.

I suspect that the UCP might include Grub2, but right now I'm concerned about LPIC-1.
Does the LPIC-1 require knowledge of Grub2?

What tools will I have available at the exam?
Will there be actual tasks, or just paper and pen "fill-in-the-blanks" and yes-no questions.

Sorry if these questions seam trivial or have been answered thousand times somewhere else.