PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Delete partition without cd

cookie6
October 4th, 2010, 05:01 AM
How can I delete a partition without a cd? I want to install Windows 7 on Ubuntu, but I think I need to uninstall Ubuntu first. I don't have a cd for Windows 7, only a bootable USB with windows 7 on it, and I don't have the Ubuntu cd. SO, how can I uninstall Ubuntu, and install Windows 7?

wilee-nilee
October 4th, 2010, 06:00 AM
How can I delete a partition without a cd? I want to install Windows 7 on Ubuntu, but I think I need to uninstall Ubuntu first. I don't have a cd for Windows 7, only a bootable USB with windows 7 on it, and I don't have the Ubuntu cd. SO, how can I uninstall Ubuntu, and install Windows 7?

The bootable W7 usb will allow you to overwrite the whole hard drive or make a custom partition size for it in the custom option. If you don't care whats on the HD now just install you don't have to remove Ubuntu first. Any custom partitioning will make any Ubuntu OS gone if done with a W7 installer, as well.

Just be sure you have a working thumb first.

If you want to just preformat a partition leaving other stuff in place you will need a bootable partitioner.

cookie6
October 4th, 2010, 10:01 PM
When I boot from the usb, it says "NTLDR is missing Press any key to restart" :confused::confused::confused: