PDA

View Full Version : Patch Tuesday!!!

bjweeks
April 11th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I just updated my windows box, six new patches. YAY!!! IE is safe to use again for 2 weeks.

MenZa
April 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
IE is safe to use again for 2 weeks.

You have a lot of confidence in MS, eh? I personally use IE7 when on my Windows box.

Sidk
April 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM
You have a lot of confidence in MS, eh? I personally use IE7 when on my Windows box.
Try getting to Wellsfargo.com on IE7:mrgreen:

bjweeks
April 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM

Hell no, Firefix all the way.

majikstreet
April 11th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Hell no, Firefix all the way.
firefix lol... it should be antispyware and antivirus software.

bjweeks
April 11th, 2006, 09:12 PM
firefix lol... it should be antispyware and antivirus software.

Who needs that? I don't run AV or AS....

NeghVar
April 11th, 2006, 09:14 PM
it dont matter wat i run, i always have at least 1 av and 2 as working

bjweeks
April 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM
it dont matter wat i run, i always have at least 1 av and 2 as working

Why there is no point.

briancurtin
April 12th, 2006, 03:39 AM
You have a lot of confidence in MS, eh?

xXx 0wn3d xXx
April 12th, 2006, 03:41 AM
You have a lot of confidence in MS, eh?
I don't :) I think that Linux's popularity will be at par with windows in 4-5 years.

bjweeks
April 12th, 2006, 03:43 AM
I don't :) I think that Linux's popularity will be at par with windows in 4-5 years.

Your out of your mind. Windows Vista SP7 will be the best os ever!

jason.b.c
April 12th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Your out of your mind. Windows Vista SP7 will be the best os ever!

Yea, If it ever gets done.;) IF!](*,)

GoA
April 12th, 2006, 06:12 AM
It's funny to notice this in linux forums. When Microsoft does something everybody laughs and makes fun of it. When linux systems do the same, everybody are happy and boosting the system. Example. Windows Vista will be delayede to make it better. That's bad, right? Dapper is going to be delayeded to make it better, thats great, right? ;)

bjweeks
April 12th, 2006, 06:17 AM
It has been 4 years.... lol

nickle
April 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM
For me it has nothing to do with MS per se. However, it is amazing when one of the richest corporations in the world get it so wrong in their timelines: 4 years off target is a VERY big margin in hi-tech. It suggests "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark". It certainly does not inspire confidence and probably is a reflection of what happens when companies become fat and flacid due to a monopoly situation.

Furthermore, I didn't think is was great that Dapper was delayed, but if the final product benefits significantly then a few weeks wait will be worth it. However, if it turned out (and I don't believe it will) that the Dapper release date would keep getting postponed for years, and it was decided to change the name along the ways so that people might forget, I guess I would be annoyed and would move to a more dynamic distribution.
Having experienced several alternatives, I know moving on is not an issue. Slowly but surely, many MS users will also discover that there are alternatives... Not other MS windows... but real alternatives...

Sonique
April 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
ubuntu is a great name, different so it stands out, don't change it

bonzodog
April 12th, 2006, 03:16 PM
MS...IE7 (??????), nope, doesn't compute...I haven't seen anything like that for over 2 years. I thought their technology was defunct!

TeeAhr1
April 12th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I just updated my windows box
Hey, me too (3 of them, actually)! With an Ubuntu CD! It's good for life!

TeeAhr1
April 12th, 2006, 10:17 PM
It's funny to notice this in linux forums. When Microsoft does something everybody laughs and makes fun of it. When linux systems do the same, everybody are happy and boosting the system. Example. Windows Vista will be delayede to make it better. That's bad, right? Dapper is going to be delayeded to make it better, thats great, right? ;)
Dapper was delayed a month and a half, with very specific goals set forth to justify that time frame. Longhorn/Vista has been "in the pipe" for more than half a decade now, and we're only now seeing betas. Singularly unimpressive, dog-slow betas, at that. You're not even comparing apples and oranges, more like apples and tables.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
April 12th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Dapper was delayed a month and a half, with very specific goals set forth to justify that time frame. Longhorn/Vista has been "in the pipe" for more than half a decade now, and we're only now seeing betas. Singularly unimpressive, dog-slow betas, at that. You're not even comparing apples and oranges, more like apples and tables.
Doesn't Windows Vista have to be almost completly recoded ?

bjweeks
April 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Doesn't Windows Vista have to be almost completly recoded ?

That was a lie.