PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Maverick disappeared my chrome icon!

coverslide
October 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
OK, so I just updated to the Maverick beta, and it seems that my Google Chrome icon disappeared in the Applications menu, and in the toolbar panel. Not too big a deal, but I would like it to be there. Now, I have tried a bunch of things.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, purging, turning computer off and on again, reinstalling, removing the google repo from sources.list.d, purge, update, download deb from google, reinstall, and about a million other things to no avail. Funny thing is, in the menu editor, it shows the icon clearly (see attached), and my little bouncy mouse thingy shows the right icon, it's just the menu and toolbar panel.

I know missing a icon is probably the least of peoples' worries when doing a major upgrade, but this is really confusing me and would like some help.

davidge
October 3rd, 2010, 04:30 AM
Same here. Update to Maverick yesterday and chrome icon is gone in Docky. But it's still installed in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps and /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps. Anybody could help with this? Thanks

By the way, right click on the "no icon" icon for chrome in Docky, show the window list, and the small chrome icon is ok :?