PDA

View Full Version : Websites Not working

ak123
October 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
hey everyone.. im not even sure if i Should be posting this on this forum in the first place.. but im not really a member of any others and im too lazy to get into another one.. so im gonna post here...

We live in India and my mom tries to shop for underwear before any trips to the US... now the problem is that the website she uses (onehanesplace.com) does not load on windows or ubuntu in any browser... and the strange thing is that i havent found a single person with the same problem.. any ideas??? btw its been like this a year now...

grahammechanical
October 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM
I have just typed in the address of that website. It loads. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox. If you do not believe me ... the site sells ladies underwear, right? Do you have any security settings in the web browser or a firewall that would block such a site?

Regards.

pricetech
October 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
Also loads here. In addition to the above, are you behind any kind of a filter ??

lisati
October 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM
Odd. Could be that the server is busy or it has some kind of restriction in place that it's not letting you know about:
The connection has timed out
The server at onehanesplace.com is taking too long to respond.

whiskeylover
October 1st, 2010, 11:44 PM
Just use Victoria's secret. That's where all the cool chicks get their underwear from.

SeijiSensei
October 1st, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hanes may block this site outside the US. Ask someone else you know living in India to try accessing it. If they can't see it either, my guess is that access from your country blocked for some reason. Could have something to do with trademarks or other intellectual property protections. Perhaps Hanes has local Indian distributors that they're protecting against online sales. Perhaps they have product lines that they sell only in the US. There are lots of reasons why Hanes may not let you see their site from India.

ak123
October 3rd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys.. but no.. i got my uncle to try in another city.. same story.. could be the site's blocked over here.. but that's odd because they actually sell here as far as i know...

ubunterooster
October 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Generally, this is the tool you want to use to check: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

ubunterooster
October 3rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
I have just typed in the address of that website. It loads. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox. If you do not believe me ... the site sells ladies underwear, right? Do you have any security settings in the web browser or a firewall that would block such a site?

Regards.
WOT shows it as completely safe. It does not appear to sell such sexually oriented underwear as does Victoria's Secret (the store WhiskeyLover mentioned) but rather practical undergarments. As such it does not get rated as an offensive site.

SwatKat
October 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Nope, not working for me either. Probably blocked in India.

Spice Weasel
October 3rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Working here, in the UK.