PDA

View Full Version : errno 5: 10.04 Netbook Installation Fails

mercadop
September 30th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hello,

I am in desperate need of help. I have spent two days trying this with no success. I am trying to install 10.04 on a NEW Lenovo Ideapad S10-3 (Intel ATOM Processor N455, 1.66GHz 667MHz 512KB, 1 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 667MHz). I am booting from a USB but as soon as the installation reaches 66% it fails with an errno 5 error message (Input/Output). I have read the forums and tried everything including re-downloading, changing USB ports, but I cannot remove memory sticks since I only have one in the netbook. Please Help? I don't want to use Windows 7 anymore and I don't know how to proceed. I cannot use a CD drive since I don't have on this netbook.

mercadop
October 1st, 2010, 08:40 AM
Just wanted to follow-up that I resolved the issue. Initially, I had used a 2GB PNY USB Flash Drive to perform the installation. As a last resort, I went to the computer store and exchanged it for a 4GB Kingston USB Flash Drive. I re-created the installation files and the install completed. I don't know if the resolution was the 4GB or the maker, but I will leave that interpretation to others.

On a separate note, I was not able to get Wireless to work after the install, but I did install the drivers through Synaptic software manager (needed ethernet connection at first), and after rebooting wireless worked.