PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What SAS RAID Controller drives are built-in the installation CD?

twotone2
September 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hello All,

This is my first post. I am having a little trouble with a server I just built. In the server I cuurently have a Promise Fasttrak TX4650 RAID controller installed. During the installation all three version of Ubuntu (server,desktop and alternative) don't contain the driver to view the discs that are attached to it. I current have a friend that is helping me compile the driver for me. Promise's website doesn't have a specific driver built for Ubuntu. It does have a driver that was designed for the Linux 2.6.18 kernel. So we are not sure if it will work.

I guess after all that does anyone know how to get that card working? I have tried the Alternative CD and it does give an option to scan removable media for a driver, but I don't know what file to put on my flash drive or if I am injecting it incorrectly.

Also most importantly, What SAS RAID controller card does Ubuntu already have on the installation disc? That way incase the driver from Promise doesn't work I can then order that card.

Thanks in Advance!

TwoTone2