PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 bugs away from World Domination

Al3xanR0
April 11th, 2006, 02:52 PM
This is a somewhat redundant but interesting read (http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=24) especially coming from a M$ dev. I solicit your intelligent comments, save your flames for the trolls.

az
April 11th, 2006, 09:22 PM
"The bad news is that while 50 man-years is small, it is still large for an organization like Ubuntu which I estimate has the equivalent of 30 full-time devs. In addition, many of their bugs exist in other codebases manned by volunteers."

This guy has no idea how free-libre open source software comes to be. If he thinks that 30 Canonical developers are responsable for every line of code in Ubuntu he missed the point.

The whole point is that a company that supports that code does not have to do all the work. You cater to the community and the patches come to you from the community.

Al3xanR0
April 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
This guy has no idea how free-libre open source software comes to be. If he thinks that 30 Canonical developers are responsable for every line of code in Ubuntu he missed the point.

I won't argue that with you.. But he is not the only one who missed the bus, trolls are never on time.