PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing ubantu

trishuma
September 30th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Hi,
i am trying to install Ubantu version 10.4 on a clean computer , the installation goes fine after i restart i get a messsage saying there is no this partian and grub rescue>.

finally i found there is a software called WUBI for windows. i installed win 7 on the same computer and then downloaded WUBI and started installing ubantu.

it took me around 6 hours. when i did the dual boot i got both windows and Ubantu, when i selected Ubanto all i get is GRUB>

what mistake am i making?
can anyone give me a hand?
thank you.

Frogs Hair
September 30th, 2010, 02:02 AM
After you select Ubuntu grub will open then the kernel 2.6.32-24 generic should be highlighted on the top press enter. If all is well Ubuntu should boot . The first part of your post is confusing to me I have a hard time following what you did.

It sounds like you tried to install Ubuntu and failed and then installed Windows 7 and then installed Ubuntu using Wubi .

trishuma
September 30th, 2010, 03:45 AM
thanks for the reply and i am sorry for the confusion. yes before i tried to install Ubantu form an ISO but i was never been sucessful. that when i installed windows 7 first and then used WUBI to install Ubantu.

i did not get anything as you said all i got was GRUB> after this prompt i did not know what to do.