PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Are there any other file managers for Ubuntu other than dolphin and nautilus?

Mr_VeRiTy
September 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi, I was wondering is there were any other file managers for Ubuntu other than nautilus and dolphin, And it has to have a GUI, I like nautilus, but I cant stand the way it's tabs are now (compared to how they were in karmic) also nautilus is a little slow for my liking, dolphins tabs are fine, but I use gnome and it looks terrible outside of KDE.

01mf02
September 29th, 2010, 08:51 PM
There is also Thunar and PCmanFM. I'd recommend Thunar, it should be fast and look decent in GNOME.

3Miro
September 29th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Krusader is another one.

Darkness Des
September 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
+1 to Thunar. There is always the good ol' terminal, but then again, you wanted a GUI. I mix between both (Guake is a lifesaver), depending on how complex the file operation is.

Mark76
September 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
PCManFM

ROX-Filer

X File Explorer

To name three that are readily available in the repos

Tibuda
September 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM
There's also Midnight Commander for the CLI.

coffeecat
September 29th, 2010, 10:13 PM
... and there's gnome-commander for the GUI if you want a commander-like file manager.

KdotJ
September 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM
nautilus-elementary is a lovely looking piece of software, especially with the breadcrumbs tweak. It is available via a PPA and there are loads of "how to's" found on google for installing it