PDA

View Full Version : Kernel 1.2.13

Blutkoete
September 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Hello!

Are you sick of Linux for human beings? Want to show that you really know how to set up a Linux system? Want to resolve dependencies by hand and configure your graphic card's clock chip just to get a graphical user interface running?

Here's the solution, just found in a box in the basement of my parent's house.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9025/kernel1213.jpg

One part of me wants to install it, the other part of me trembles in horror what might happen if I do.

Elfy
September 29th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Please do not post large images like that.

chong601
September 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hello!

Are you sick of Linux for human beings? Want to show that you really know how to set up a Linux system? Want to resolve dependencies by hand and configure your graphic card's clock chip just to get a graphical user interface running?

Here's the solution, just found in a box in the basement of my parent's house.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9025/kernel1213.jpg

One part of me wants to install it, the other part of me trembles in horror what might happen if I do.

I'm not a Linux user, but I want you to clarify your computer specifications like CPU, RAM or something else.

Blutkoete
September 29th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry for the large image!

I'm using a 4 GB RAM Dual Core laptop. Probably incompatible with that old OS. I remember I tried to install that over ten years ago on a 486 80Mhz machine with 8 MB of ram and failed miserably. After that, I never touched anything else than Windows until Ubuntu 9.04.

chong601
September 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Sorry for the large image!

I'm using a 4 GB RAM Dual Core laptop. Probably incompatible with that old OS. I remember I tried to install that over ten years ago on a 486 80Mhz machine with 8 MB of ram and failed miserably. After that, I never touched anything else than Windows until Ubuntu 9.04.

I think it won't be compatible though.......

Blutkoete
September 29th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I think it won't be compatible though.......

Probably ... maybe I'll just give it a place of honour on my shelf.

NightwishFan
September 29th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Virtualbox?

Khakilang
September 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Let it rest in peace.

Blutkoete
September 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Maybe I have to let it rest in peace - the installation requires DOS to be installed or the creation of three boot discs (meaning real discs, 3.5'') first and I don't know how to deal with that in VirtualBox. But thank you for the suggestion.

Alas! Sic transit gloria mundi.