PDA

View Full Version : Username change

lithium_hydride
September 27th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I've recently switched over to using Ubuntu as my main operating system and as a consequence decided it'd be a good idea to join the forums here and get involved. It turns out I actually signed up several years ago - with the account I'm posting this with - but would really like to use the name dhpiggott (it's tied to my main email address, so I didn't want to create another).

So, could somebody change my username to dhpiggott please?

Thanks!

bodhi.zazen
September 28th, 2010, 12:48 AM
With one bean, I will close this account and you can open a new account.

lithium_hydride
September 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the response. I assume from the fact I am able to write this reply that you haven't closed my account yet. Were you wanting confirmation from me?

If you only feel happy closing this account then please go ahead and do that, and I'll create another (would I actually be able to create a new account with the same email address as this one, even if it was closed?). My preference however would be that you just rename this existing account - it just seems like a tidier way of doing things. I'd really appreciate it if you did that!

Thanks.

bodhi.zazen
September 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the response. I assume from the fact I am able to write this reply that you haven't closed my account yet. Were you wanting confirmation from me?

If you only feel happy closing this account then please go ahead and do that, and I'll create another (would I actually be able to create a new account with the same email address as this one, even if it was closed?). My preference however would be that you just rename this existing account - it just seems like a tidier way of doing things. I'd really appreciate it if you did that!

Thanks.

Not sure what happened. Hopefully it is fixed now.

Go ahead with a new account.

lithium_hydride
September 28th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I'm still not seeing any signs of the account being closed!

Could it be anything to do with the fact that when I rediscovered the account yesterday I linked it up with my Ubuntu Single Sign in account?

bodhi.zazen
September 28th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Your account has been disabled by another means.

lithium_hydride
September 28th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Sorry to be a pain about this, but I'm still able to login without trouble using the "Or, Sign in using your Launchpad ID" link!

If I try to login using the vBulletin login system I get a "You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!" error.

Possible problem with the forum?

Joeb454
September 28th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Please logout and try again - if you can't login, then your account is totally disabled and you can create the new account :)