PDA

View Full Version : Messages posted

ncappel1
April 11th, 2006, 03:57 AM
I'm just curious, in general when you post a message, do you keep a "subscription" to it? If so, for how long?

briancurtin
April 11th, 2006, 04:08 AM
never.

htinn
April 11th, 2006, 05:08 AM
I subscribe if the post would otherwise be lost in a horrible tangle of mad postings and I plan on adding something to the post in the next week or so.

Iandefor
April 11th, 2006, 06:39 AM
I just subscribe automatically. It makes it easier for me to manage various threads.

Derek Djons
April 11th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I use subscriptions for guides and other important information which is hard to find using search. Also I do tend to subcribe when a post is worth the discussion / opinion.

ShanghaiTeej
April 11th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Subscribing sometimes overloads my email, but most of the threads I subscribe to are interesting anyway. So it really doesn't matter to me.

majikstreet
April 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
if I remember, I'll subscribe to a thread I made, like say a howto.

Lovechild
April 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I never really liked getting spammed with updates - I'll normally just bookmark the thread if I find it interesting.

NeghVar
April 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Same, I have a bunch of threads bookmarked that contain how-tos, interesting info and such, most of the stuff ive already implemented but i still have them for reference.

paul cooke
April 12th, 2006, 07:16 AM
I'm just curious, in general when you post a message, do you keep a "subscription" to it? If so, for how long?

quite some time... but I'd be more impressed if there was an option to subscribe to replies to your own posts as well so you could see if anyone had replied to you

bjweeks
April 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I just subscribe automatically. It makes it easier for me to manage various threads.

ditto

frodon
April 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
other,

i subscribe all threads (except some ubuntu cafe threads) forever but without email notification.

MenZa
April 12th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I get enough spam already; I don't want my inbox flooded (well, unless it's absolutely necessary)

vertigo
April 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Other

Bookmark the how-to's but dont subscribe I normally rember which threads interest me

towsonu2003
April 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I have 459 subscriptions (with instant email) till now. I won't subscribe to threads with high response average (like this one), but I subscribe to all threads (forever, w. instant email notification) I respond just in case someone else posts for similar help in there etc...

I also subscribe to any threads I post/reply to in any forum (linuxquestions.org and so on).

I don't get more than 7-10 emails per day from the forums though (all combined).

As for the howtos, I will soon start saving them as openoffice documents.