PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Left Mouse click problem

mnord00
September 27th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I am sending this out again in a different forum hoping I will get a better response.

Distro - Ubuntu 10.04 standard Gnome desktop
Problem - Left mouse button fails to work on MOST if not all applications such as Firefox web pages, games, Open Office Word, even KDE applications. You can close the window with the upper right hand X with the left mouse button but any other place in the application the mouse pointer turns to a hand shape when you click it but nothing happens
Attempts at resolution - replace mouse with known good mouse, try different users, and someone suggested that it was an accessibility problem. Someone from the LinuxQuestions Forum suggested it was a GTK problem.
Results - The problem is happening for only one user (myself). 3 other users have no problem at all.
So it is not hardware related, but user related. I compared the Accessibility settings to a known good user but did not find anything. (I looked at the gui settings since I do not know which file to check at the command line). I have no idea how to check if the problem is in GTK because I do not even know what that is.
I think the problem happened when I mounted an external hard drive to add wallpaper but did not copy the wallpaper over to my home directory. I might have messed up the theme I was using so I reloaded the theme from a web sight. I have also auto mounted the drive at boot, but that did not fix the problem.
Being some what of a newbie, I do not know where to look.
Can someone please point me in the right direction.:confused: