PDA

View Full Version : mouse refusing to be used in applications

williamirvine67
September 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Hello all,
there seems to be a problem that has arisen with my beloved netbook (acer one 10.4")running Ubuntu Netbook. the mouse generally works fine (both menovering and clicking) while using the desktop, but as soon as an application is opened you are unable to click on any of the options within the application (buttons, etc).
i have tested this over and over, and what seems to be the problem is that the pointer ignores the application and will always click the desktop.

i have used several diffrent mouses (both usb and trackpad) but the problem remains. i assume this means there it is a software fault.

if anyone has ANY suggestions, advice, etc. feel free to post. would like this to be fixed asap!

Thanks all,
William

tom4everitt
September 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I'm just thinking that if you're willing to trade one bug for a few others (hopefully much smaller), installing the 10.10 beta instead would be an option...

At any rate I would try booting from a live cd; either with 10.04 or 10.10. If it works as it should in the live cd, a reinstall will most likely fix the problem for you.