PDA

View Full Version : Installing the 10.4 upgrade

Mike1056
September 26th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I've been running 9.1 64-bit for a while and I love it. I have mine modified to look like a mac. If I install 10.4 is it going to mean I have to modify it all over again? Or will it keep my settings and customization? I'm planning to upgrade from the update manager. Thanks!

Mike

mikewhatever
September 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM
It should try keeping the settings. The questions is, whether the mac-ish theme and all the rest will work on 10.04. Obviously, there is no way of knowing in advance, as no one has probably tested upgrading the exact setup you have.

Mike1056
September 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll try it tonight. I can always just reinstall 9.1 if all else fails. Mental note to self -- back up entire hard drive to external hard drive before upgrading. :D

Mike

Mike1056
September 27th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I have upgraded and everything is the way it's always been. I'm very happy about that! Just one more reason to love Ubuntu! Oh, and instead of upgrading like a Windows Machine (y'know to upgrade to Windows 7 from another OS, they have this thing called, "Fresh Install"), Ubuntu made it much more complex. I had to click "Upgrade". I felt like I was on a Staples commercial when I clicked it and said, "That was Easy!" Long Live Ubuntu!!

mikewhatever
September 27th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cool, thanks for updating.O:)