PDA

View Full Version : So many broken laptops

Prohibited
September 26th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I've collected a number of broken laptops and still have all of them (mostly given by people after they broke).

Found it funny to line them up and see how many I had :)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=s64qbc&s=7

Khakilang
September 26th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Is that all you do?

Dustin2128
September 26th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Is that all you do?
seriously....
ship me a few, while you're at it.

Spice Weasel
September 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Anyone that wants free broken laptop parts (Seriously... REALLY broken. All that is worthwhile is probably the casing.) just drop me a PM. As long as you pay for delivery, it's fine. I have a few.

One Sony Vaio, a Philips and a Compaq. Most are beyond any repair at all.

TheNerdAL
September 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Anyone that wants free broken laptop parts (Seriously... REALLY broken. All that is worthwhile is probably the casing.) just drop me a PM. As long as you pay for delivery, it's fine. I have quite a few as well.

Like really broken? Like you can't install Linux on it? And how much is shipping?

Spice Weasel
September 26th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Like really broken? Like you can't install Linux on it? And how much is shipping?

Very very broken. The most you'll get out of them is new casing if your laptop has cracks in it, or if you feel like messing around with the parts and making a model house out of circuitboards or something.

I also have two water damaged cheap Nokias. =\

E: Just taken one out and there are black marks where the CPU and RAM should be and weird crater-like marks all around the motherboard.

Austin25
September 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Huh. Lightning hit a dorm, and nobody had surge protectors?

Spice Weasel
September 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I just occasionally do tech support and get people who think taking their laptop for a bath is a good idea and similar. They don't ever mind when I ask if I can keep the useless things.

Austin25
September 26th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I just occasionally do tech support and get people who think taking their laptop for a bath is a good idea and similar. They don't ever mind when I ask if I can keep the useless things.
Oh that would explain it. Not a storm of lightning, but one of stupidity.

Khakilang
September 27th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I believe things like RAM, hard disk and maybe CD/DVD ROM still works.

Spice Weasel
September 27th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Actually, I think I rescued the RAM and hard disk from one of them, and a friend has the wireless card.