PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Won't Install - Access Denied

Tyler R
September 26th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Well, I'm new to the "Linux" thing, and I downloaded the latest version (10.04.1 I think) and I burned it to a blank disk I found. (64-bit edition) - I tried installing in VirtualBox to check to see if it'd work, and I had the picture of a "keyboard" and a "person in a circle". It worked, but since it was the 64-bit it said wasn't supported

That's not the point. I tried to install from telling my PC to boot my CD drive first. Said something that it couldn't mount. I tried using the Wubi autorun, and it said "Access Denied" and told me to look in my Temp file for a log. I read it. Didn't understand it. If you need me to post it here, tell me. (EDIT: I also downloaded the most recent version of Wubi, and I got the same thing. I even ran it as an Administrator, from the downloaded exe file, and on the disc itself.)

(If you need my System Specs, also please let me know!)

- Tyler R

mörgæs
September 26th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I don't fully understand what you aim is. Do you want Ubuntu next to Windows or installed in Windows using Wubi?

Tyler R
September 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I don't fully understand what you aim is. Do you want Ubuntu next to Windows or installed in Windows using Wubi?

I'm now trying to install it with restarting, and booting from the CD (Which results basically in the same thing either way) I'm not using Wubi while Windows is booted.

- Tyler R

Tyler R
September 26th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Well, it goes to this black screen talking about how it can't mount something that has to do with a squash filesystem..?? - I've re-downloaded the Desktop version of 10.04.1 and re-burned it to a NEW blank CD. :( (64-bit)

mörgæs
September 26th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Certain screen cards do not support Ubuntu 10.04 well, for example these:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Bugs/Lucidi8xxFreezes

Which card do you have?

Can you boot a 32 bit 9.10?