PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I need help with downloads

and1z360
September 25th, 2010, 11:23 PM
everytime i try to download a linux game, it always show these read only files which i have no idea whatsoever. i double click the program from the download box, and then, all these files shows up (the files are what the game contain) and i have completely no idea what to do. I have Wine installed already - Ubuntu is not like windows because on windows ( i do not have =[ ) you download game, double click it, boom, game started. pls help me here because i wanna double click a game, boom, and have fun pls, and ty :confused::confused::confused::confused:

mrhhug
September 25th, 2010, 11:43 PM
your downloading game made to run in linux??? or downloading a game made to run in windows but you want it to run in linux?

an easy way to install games in ubuntu is to go to applications > ubuntu software center > then just type in what your searching for in the box to the right (like if you wanted to install snake jsut type snake in there)

if the game is made to run in windows you will need to install and use wine. winehq has a list of stuff thats compatible and sometimes a pretty good walkthrough http://appdb.winehq.org/

cjmabry25
September 26th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Do you have a specific example? What are you trying to download, and what files are downloaded. Then we can go from there.