PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Error messages on updates: "Not all changes succeeded."

techiewannabe
September 25th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Can anyone help with this problem?

When I do the routine updates, which come every few day, I get the following message. (Please see the attached image.)

Thanks in advance.

techiewannabe

efflandt
September 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM
My guess is that it is having some problem with that file. Can you open that file with gedit (corrupt file or hard drive) and/or can you successfully run memtest86+ for awhile (memory issues)?

I do not think it is a general issue, because I have never seen that error running Lucid on several different systems.

Although, just after I installed 10.10 beta it said it could only do "partial" updates, and when I checked updates again after doing 491 of those and rebooting, it said there were no new updates.

techiewannabe
September 26th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Efflandt:
Thanks for your note.
Please forgive me, but I'm still somewhat of a Linux idiot/newbie. I'm not sure exactly what you're suggesting. Exactly, which terminal commands should I use?
Thanks.
Techiewannabe

Vivekananda_kukkapalli
September 26th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I too suffer from same problem, its not only with the updates but also with all the new installations, some times it also says there is no primary key available.:confused: