PDA

View Full Version : rant about affine composite in KdenLive.

quinnten83
September 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Note, I also posted this on the kdenlive forums, but here it will get more views and I might get a response I can use.

Okay,
<rant>
So I just got into Kdenlive and I love it.
I was using Openshot until recently, which is a great program if you just want to pick up and go, but it lacks (for now) the precision that Kdenlive affords me.
I sorta played around with KdenLive and although I am able to do some interesting stuff, the most basic of task escapes me, namely the proper use of Affine composite. I'm trying to make a transition between two clips where the first clip will turn as if on a sheet of paper, and when it turns on the other side you will see the other video.
Somehow, the moment I add an affine composite to my clip, it gets resized.I don't know why it does this, because I certainly haven't changed any setting. I know it did this in the previous version as well. Manually adjusting the size makes the video move, which breaks the effects I am trying to accomplish. I've looked online, but there is painfully little information about creating effects with Kdenlive and there certainly is almost no information on how to properly use the (composite) effects so a newb like me can understand. Actually I had to experiment a lot to get to understand some things beyond the most basics of things.
And it's not that I just want to b*tch. I honestly want to make interesting things with this software and I want to make tutorials to help others along. I have some ideas which I think the program does support, but they rely on affine composite working somewhat transparently and in a fashion that is easy to understand!!!!
I am utterly frustrated because I can't seem to get this thing to work the way I think it's supposed to...

Okay rant over.
</rant>
Now I need help. Does anyone know where I can find information about the use and workings of affine composite?
It should be relatively easy to understand, cause I'm not a developer, just a regular user.

Dustin2128
September 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
post in a support category if you want help..