PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Extensive scripts in Firefox

nachtbarjunge
September 25th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hi,

maybe I did not use the right search terms, but I didn't found anything on this in the forum, but I am sure this is a known issue.

Its about running scripts in Firefox. When their runtime duration is too long, Firefox asks the user if he wants to stop the script. Thats OK for me.

What I am worring about are these things:

Sometimes these scripts seem to take much cpu time. Especially when I run some Google websites like youtube.com and when I wake up the system from standby, it takes some time until the message which asks to stop the script comes up. I think Google's websites are using scripts extensively. In those situations the hole system is freezy.

Is there anything I can do, that the scipts can't block the system anymore?

I am already surfing with the NoScript plugin. Unfortunately most websites use JavaScript today, even if they don't really need it. Some of them don't work well, without JavaScript activated.

Here are two example scripts for which firefox asked to stop them:

chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml:407
http://www.google.com/extern_js/f/CgJkZSswRTgBLCswWjgALCswDjgALCswFzgALCswJzgELCswPD gALCswUTgALCswWTgPLCswCjiAAUAdLCswFjgALCswGTggLCsw ITg_QAEsKzAlOM-IASwrMCo4CywrMCs4ESwrMDU4BCwrMEA4ACwrMEE4BSwrME44B iwrMFQ4ACwrMGM4ACwrMB04WCwrMFw4GiwrMBg4ACwrMCY4Diy AAhmQAhw/RykW6zASZp4.js:119What the hell has chrome to do with firefox? And what the hell does Google use for JavaScript file names? If I were paranoid, I would say: "That looks like some kind of script attack." I did no further analysis on those scipts, yet.

Thanks in advance

P.S.
System description:
X: Gnome
Browser: Firefox 3.6.10
NoScript: 2.0.3.2

nachtbarjunge
September 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Nobody answered, yet. So I wanted to give the suject a final try and pushed it up. Does anyone know something about it? Thx in advance.