PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Starting g15daemon: .../dev/input/uinput not found ...

Recon20k
September 23rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
I'm having alot of diffuculty with g15daemon since i installed it for using the wireless logitech

The following error message is one i get consistently when installing other programs:

Starting g15daemon: .../dev/input/uinput not found ...

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks in advance :)

efflandt
September 24th, 2010, 01:13 AM
I thought g15daemon was supposed to support the g13 now. But I could not even install the g15daemon version from Synaptic in Lucid because it is looking for the wrong (old?) path to non-existing /dev/input/uinput (it is actually at /dev/uinput). I tried symlinking it where it was looking for it:

cd /dev/input
sudo ln -s ../uinput .

That got rid of the error about missing /dev/input/uinput, but it still would not install and configure completely. Maybe g13 is not properly supported by it yet, and it could not find a real g15. Either that or the symlink doesn't really satisfy it. If g15daemon works properly it is supposed to put a clock on the gamepad LCD display.

I did find sources of something else specifically for the g13 (which also uses uinput) and after I compiled that it works up to a point, setting graphics on the LCD, colors, and assigning keys (which respond). But it is missing details about what to put in /lib/udev/rules.d to set proper permissions of the named pipes (like files). So the g13 daemon only runs for a period of time before it exits with -9 error.