PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need better version of CTRL+ALT+DELETE

theaceoffire
September 23rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
I currently have mapped xkill to window key + Q, and that works for 99% of problems...

However, randomly when moving tabs in Firefox (Plugin tree style tabs is probably to blame) the browser goes gray and my mouse gets stuck in the "holding crud" mode.

The rest of my computer runs fine.. but because my mouse is "holding" the tab, I can't move to the screen edges to activate the edge effects (to change desktop), and keyboard doesn't work. (I can activate the log down interface using the power switch, but I can't click anything while "holding" stuff).

I couldn't even swap to a shell. I find it horrible that firefox can grab the mouse and disable my keyboard with *ANY* plugin.

Is there a hot key that I can map to the power switch (Or to the keyboard) that releases my mouse?

//Sorry if I am not describing the issue well.

Ubuntu 10.04, 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz
Firefox 3.6.10
Tree Style Tab 0.10.20100403001
Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
Gnome 2.30.2

//Sorry, not sure which logs to give or if they even still exist since the last freeze was a couple of days ago

renkinjutsu
September 23rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
to get to a console, hold down ALT and SysRq (the printscreen button) at the same time and press R, then hold ALT and press F1