PDA

View Full Version : Messed up Netbook Edition Menu

pmischer
September 23rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hello everybody,

I am looking for help with the following problem: I went to the System -> Main Menu application on the desktop, configured a bit around and apparently deactivated the two sub menus is the main menu folder "system". Now I do not see the Menu "System" on my desktop and therefore can not change it back to the original state.

Can someone please tell me how to call the associated application ("Main Menu") to edit the menu? I can take it from there (just need to put back the two checkmarks for the submenus, I guess).

Thanks a million,

Peter

macem29
September 23rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
edit: sorry, had answered for desktop install in error

KurisuYamato
September 24th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Part 1: Alright, Here's something to try: When you boot and are on the login screen, when you are ready to enter your password, look at the bottom of the screen for the option called "Sessions". It should be set to "Ubuntu Netbook Edition". Click on it and change it to GNOME, and log in.

Part 2: You should now see the normal Ubuntu desktop interface. Now, your option deletions still show here, so going to the System menu is useless, but there is a trick to access that menu again: Right click on the Ubuntu logo at the top left (not right, lol) of the screen, and select "Edit Menus"

You should now be able to fix your problem.

pmischer
September 24th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Thank you, thank you, that did it (even though the Ubuntu symbol is on the top LEFT on my system :)).

Cheers, Peter

KurisuYamato
September 25th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you, thank you, that did it (even though the Ubuntu symbol is on the top LEFT on my system :)).

Cheers, Peter

Haha, I was rather ill the other (called in from work, it was that bad) and I guess typing right a few million times that day, I ,out of habit, typed it in again. I indeed meant to say left.

I am happy I was able to help! Funny thing is, it was my first post! :D