PDA

View Full Version : Some Google services slow

lovinglinux
September 23rd, 2010, 06:44 PM
Has anyone noticed connection/speed problems with some Google services like GMail?

I was ignoring the problem, since I thought it was because I'm using the latest Firefox 4.0b7pre. But today I noticed the same connection issue when updating my packages from Google repository.

lovinglinux
September 24th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Looks like Ghostery is part of the problem.

sdowney717
September 24th, 2010, 01:32 AM
running firefox 4 beta now.

what do you think?
I extracted it
opened the directory
ran it as
./firefox

How do I get the tabs on top? I read somewhere about it having to do with a theme

lovinglinux
September 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM

what do you think?
I extracted it
opened the directory
ran it as
./firefox

How do I get the tabs on top? I read somewhere about it having to do with a theme

Firefox 4 is a killer browser. I love it. Lots of new features, much better performance.

To get tabs on top, go to "View >> Toolbars >> Tabs on top".

For additional support with FF4, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1544124

samalex
September 24th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I couldn't get Google to playback several voicemails I got via Google Voice earlier from my DroidX. I know it was Google and not my network connection because other apps that use the Internet were working fine.

I think Google has a site someplace that shows their uptimes on various services, but I can't remember the URL.

Dustin2128
September 25th, 2010, 01:37 AM

what do you think?
I extracted it
opened the directory
ran it as
./firefox

thinking you have to be running minefield, not beta 6.