PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] What programme should i use on Ubuntu in oreder to learn programming..?

tajiknomi
September 23rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
i am just switch from windows.
nowadays i want to learn Basics programming(on C),how can i do it on Ubuntu...?
what compiler should i use?

HermanAB
September 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
First compile your kernel. That will ensure that all the tools for software development are configured properly.

Depending on what you want to do, look at:
Glade
Perl
PHP
C

s.fox
September 23rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Thread moved to Programming Talk.

formaldehyde_spoon
September 23rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
I don't think he knows how to compile his kernel yet! :p
You can use any text editor to write the code, and use gcc to compile (it's already installed).

Perhaps try to follow this to get started: http://www.learn-programming.za.net/programming_c_learn01.html

tajiknomi
September 23rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the meaningful link:P

זרו
September 23rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

Diametric
September 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Don't forget about Bash - while not a true "language" it is important to know if you're using Linux. I just created a Bash Scripting Group on the social groups area - feel free to join and to tell others. I'm trying to master the Bash shell and it's proving to be quite a learning endeavor.

Good Luck!

SlugSlug
September 23rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Don't forget about Bash - while not a true "language" it is important to know if you're using Linux. I just created a Bash Scripting Group on the social groups area - feel free to join and to tell others. I'm trying to master the Bash shell and it's proving to be quite a learning endeavor.

Good Luck!

where is this group?

Diametric
September 23rd, 2010, 04:55 PM
Look here: http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=826

Trying to get both advanced bash script writers and new folks to join so there is a good cross section of users. Hope the group helps the new folks learn and those who have experience discuss what they like, don't like or would like to see changed about Bash.