PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Advanced shell script?

C4pt41n 5k33t
September 22nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Hello, I was wondering if this could be made possible.
I play a game called diablo2 and I have hack that injects itself into a process id with the following command: surgeon -i (PID) /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so

Instead of having to lookup the PID in terminal and then run the inject command using terminal, couldnt I just write a shell script to do both at one time?
It would need to do the following:

Open terminal - type: ps aux | less.
Find the PID for diablo 2 - copy it then close that terminal.
Open a new terminal and type: surgeon -i (PID) /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so
Then close that terminal also.

PID is short for process id, for those who were wondering what it is. =p
BTW, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

This has been solved, thanks everybody =D.

lloyd_b
September 22nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
Hello, I was wondering if this could be made possible.
I play a game called diablo2 and I have hack that injects itself into a process id with the following command: surgeon -i (PID) /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so

Instead of having to lookup the PID in terminal and then run the inject command using terminal, couldnt I just write a shell script to do both at one time?
It would need to do the following:

Open terminal - type: ps aux | less.
Find the PID for diablo 2 - copy it then close that terminal.
Open a new terminal and type: surgeon -i (PID) /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so
Then close that terminal also.

PID is short for process id, for those who were wondering what it is. =p
BTW, any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Your script will look something like this:
#!/bin/bash

PID=`ps ax -o pid,comm | grep diablo2 | cut -d ' ' -f2`

if [ -n $PID ]; then
surgeon -i $PID /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so
fiA couple of notes. First off, those are "backtics" at the start and end of the commands on the "PID..." line, not single quotes. It makes a difference.

Second, I just guessed that the name that appears for Diablo 2 is "diablo2" - could be something completely different.

Lloyd B.

C4pt41n 5k33t
September 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Your script is pretty much a perfect match of what I was looking for.
But my only problem is that when I run the ps aux | less command and lookup the proccess id, this is what it shows up as: C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Game.exe -direct -txt -w.
And that would be fine, but when I run the script I get this:
grep: unknown directories method. So then it cant run my injection without the pid. =(

conundrumx
September 22nd, 2010, 05:35 PM
You really should find something better to do with your time than cheat in a 10 year old video game, that being said...

#! /bin/bash

surgeon -i `pgrep diablo2` /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so

Assuming the process name is diablo2 and there are no other processes matching the same string. This, of course, assumes you're running on a system with pgrep (which is included in the base install of virtually every *nix except OSX).

C4pt41n 5k33t
September 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
You really should find something better to do with your time than cheat in a 10 year old video game, that being said...

#! /bin/bash

surgeon -i `pgrep diablo2` /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so Assuming the process name is diablo2 and there are no other processes matching the same string. This, of course, assumes you're running on a system with pgrep (which is included in the base install of virtually every *nix except OSX).

First, my mod isn't cheating; all it lets me do is put skills on the left...on the right. Also, the pgrep command doesn't do anything when I use it.

conundrumx
September 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
What's the name of the process you look for? pgrep will return the PID (and nothing else) of any process matching the string you feed it.

C4pt41n 5k33t
September 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
I'm running diablo2 in wine. So when I use ps aux | less, it comes up as this C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Game.exe -direct -txt -w. But I have tried to use that with both of scripts posted and the process id lookup commands cant find the process for some reason.

tgm4883
September 22nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hmm, notepad.exe comes up as notepad.exe when I grep it, but from what you have posted, couldn't you just grep for Diablo II?

Something like (edited from above)

#! /bin/bash

surgeon -i `pgrep 'Diablo II'` /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so

obviously Diablo II must be running, but doing just a

pgrep 'Diablo II'

should give you the PID

C4pt41n 5k33t
September 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
I wish it would, but I don't get anything back when I use pgrep. But when I use ps aux I get this instead of just diablo II: C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Game.exe -direct -txt -w. It still shows a process id, it's just showing a command rather than a game name. Thats what is getting me confused. =(

Nvm I solved it using:

#! /bin/bash

surgeon -i `pgrep 'Game.exe'` /usr/local/lib/snoogans.so

conundrumx
September 22nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Please do
ps aux | grep iablo

And paste the results.

Edit: As I suspected, the process name is not diablo or any variation there of.