PDA

View Full Version : time to get outside more

fuscia
April 10th, 2006, 08:00 AM
ok, so i just had my first linux dream. it wasn't one of those awesome dreams, like figuring out how to code true nirvana, it was more like those dreams in which you're being chased but somehow managed to forget how to run. i can't remember the exact details, but it had something to do with xmms. as far as i can recall, xmms had somehow managed to disappear into the deep unknown reaches of the file system and i was trying to figure out how to reclaim it using the terminal. i should be dreaming of the lovely new top soil i used to plant bluegrass today. thank goodness, i've caught this early.

mstlyevil
April 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I have had weird Linux dreams also. They were so traumatising that I just can not remember them. I need to get a life.

Tim Thumb
April 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I dream about your avatar.

bonzodog
April 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Heh..I have Linux Dreams all the while. When I started a recent course of modifications to the UDSF, I was dreaming in wiki/html code!!. I often dream and work out new ideas for the UDSF and my desktop.

rado_london
April 10th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I dream 2 types of dreams.
The first is girls and the second is linux
I need to go out more frequently

Mr_J_
April 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
And I thought I was a freak!
u r Über Geeks!

I barely dream at all. At least I can't remember it.
Maybe I dream about similar things and just can't remember it...

pitkali
April 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I don't remember my dreams. Perhaps there would be nothing interesting there anyway ;)

majikstreet
April 10th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Heh..I have Linux Dreams all the while. When I started a recent course of modifications to the UDSF, I was dreaming in wiki/html code!!. I often dream and work out new ideas for the UDSF and my desktop.
I wish I could dream like that!

Kvark
April 11th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah dreams like that are a bit disturbing. It could be useful though if you happen to dream about doing something clever.

Getting out more seems like a good idea but maybe you'll start dreaming about it even more often then. I didn't dream about computer games when I used to play a lot. But when I stopped playing them I started dreaming about them alot for a while, guess my brain was missing them. Even long after I stopped dreaming about games some of my dreams still have a hud with health and ammo info at the bottom of my vision or chat messages at the top, loading pauses, 3D graphics that are obviously not realistic or any other game-like feature.

Randomskk
April 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I don't remember my dreams. Perhaps there would be nothing interesting there anyway ;)
I hear ya, same here :)

ice60
April 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM
lol, i dreamt about computers last night too. i was walking past a door in someone's house and i noticed they'd forgotten to turn the speakers off on their computer :rolleyes: the dream had a horrible, horrible ending.

majikstreet
April 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
what is this outside?

rado_london
April 11th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Outside is like going out to the Downtown with friends. Get drunk. Dance go to disco. that kind of stuff

MenZa
April 11th, 2006, 08:47 PM
ok, so i just had my first linux dream. it wasn't one of those awesome dreams, like figuring out how to code true nirvana, it was more like those dreams in which you're being chased but somehow managed to forget how to run. i can't remember the exact details, but it had something to do with xmms. as far as i can recall, xmms had somehow managed to disappear into the deep unknown reaches of the file system and i was trying to figure out how to reclaim it using the terminal. i should be dreaming of the lovely new top soil i used to plant bluegrass today. thank goodness, i've caught this early.

Dude -- drugs are bad for you, mkay?

what is this outside?

One of my friends was explaining something about... well I think he called it "ILR" or something... I attempted to compile it, but it took ages and I aborted.

transactionlogfiller
April 11th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I had a dream about one of the other forums I use once. Some regular users and I were having a conversation... it's hard to explain... it was sort of drifting between face to face chat and online posting, with everyone taking turns to say something.

It's happened to me a couple of times after late night browsing.

bjweeks
April 11th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I once had a dream that I got a virus. No really ;).

majikstreet
April 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I had a dream about one of the other forums I use once. Some regular users and I were having a conversation... it's hard to explain... it was sort of drifting between face to face chat and online posting, with everyone taking turns to say something.

It's happened to me a couple of times after late night browsing.
ummm.... no comment.

jeremy
April 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I had a windows dream once, but it crashed before I could save it.

Derek Djons
April 13th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Well, the only dream I had was me being a espionage guy working in a field truck. This truck was stacked with all kinds of radio, communication and relay equipment. While everybody was being busy, infantry running around, officers ordering commands me and my crew where chasing messages trying to find important enemy communicatie traffic.

This was actually the only dream with computers in it. For the rest I think I have a normal life :)