PDA

View Full Version : Adding a menu option to the context menu

papillion
September 21st, 2010, 01:04 AM
Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to add a menu entry to the context menu? For example, when a user right clicks on a file (or folder) I want to show a menu option to interact with my program. I'm not using C/C++ so I don't need code but function names or a point in the right direct would help.

Thanks!
Anthony

papillion
September 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to add a menu entry to the context menu? For example, when a user right clicks on a file (or folder) I want to show a menu option to interact with my program. I'm not using C/C++ so I don't need code but function names or a point in the right direct would help.

Thanks!
Anthony

cariboo
September 21st, 2010, 01:20 AM
Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have merged your two threads, If the second post was a mistake, please use the Report Abuse button to report it.

Bachstelze
September 21st, 2010, 01:52 AM
If you use Nautilus, you can use nautilus-actions.

papillion
September 21st, 2010, 02:29 AM
If you use Nautilus, you can use nautilus-actions.

Nautilus is installed on 10,04+ by default, right? So I should be able to safely assume it's there for the most part (of course, aways check)?

Is Nautilus the only way?

Anthony

Bachstelze
September 21st, 2010, 02:35 AM
Nautilus is installed on 10,04+ by default, right? So I should be able to safely assume it's there for the most part (of course, aways check)?

Is Nautilus the only way?

Anthony

Nautilus has been installed by default since the dawn of Ubuntu. ;) It is the default file manager in Gnome, so when you say "when a user right clicks on a file", that's most probably in Nautilus (unless you're talking about Kubuntu/Xubuntu/etc.).